A Barber is a person who cuts, grooms and styles also shave hair and beard of men-mostly male persons. Unlike the earlier times, the profession has widely evolved and now you can find dedicated hair salons of barbers. People have to wait for their service to come for hair service, if there is more than one barber then, the seating can be arranged accordingly. There is no typical token system followed in a barbershop; however, one after the other person goes for availing the service.
When we go back in history, we find barbers who were very less in number because cutting or shaving ones, hair and beard is risky and keen work.
The profession in the 20th century was also termed as cosmetology. Nowadays the hairdresser works either as barbers or cosmetologist (a branch that evolved from barber). In 1900, the barbers were known as chirotonsor in the US.
By the 21st century barbers, were called as “Hairdressers” with the advent of few haircuts and beard shapes. Commonly barbers only propose services to men and other young boys. Becoming a barber is not an easy task; today, many barbers are doing diplomas in cosmetology and other short-term courses to gain professional expertise and training.
Barbers help you give you the right hairstyle which will make you look well-groomed which eventually helps in boosting your confidence. Changing the lifestyle and preferences of individuals have made this professional proliferate. A professional barber will not just cut the hair, but also style your hair which matches your face cut and personality. This has become a popular trend in today’s time and the prominent reasons for the growth of this profession.
The Following Are Some Duties Which A Barber Fulfills –
- Cutting hair and shaving the beard.
- Styling the hair
- Hair spa
- Trimming hair with specific hairstyle and styling the beard.
- Coloring hair in different colors
When compared to olden times, barber and its duties have been changed. People are not satisfied with a regular haircut and have, so, to give a new hairstyle and beard style; they need to be creative and innovative. This is very popular amongst celebrities who want to style their dress as per their attire and event they are attending. Barbers are even allowing free magazine and newspaper to read so that the customers don’t get bored while waiting for their turn. Young boys are given some toffee or chocolate.
Below are the Extra Services Proposed by a Trained Barber
- Perfect and excellent quality service can be availed.
- Will hold a certificate of assurance
- Customized solutions are given to customers
- They will have hands-on experience in providing the latest hairstyle to customers
- A trained and professional barber would be able to recommend you with the ways to take care of hair and prevent hair fall and other scalp issues.
- Suggestions and advice will also be implemented on which hairstyle and beard style suits the customer.
- Haircare solutions are given to customers and other hair pampering products too.
- The field of work of a Barber is purely based on masculinity and not feminine way.
- They even concede, scalp oil message, forehead massage, facial, and even eyebrow.
- In addition to hair, wash service is also given
If you are going for a haircut, it’s important that you choose the right barber, check their portfolio, speak to them so that you can know whether they can handle the requirement that you have. These days with a rise in competition, barbers are keeping stock of all the brands of hair and skin products. It would be more comfortable for the customer to find his/her products. They might charge a little extra, but the services which they allow cannot be compared with the usual barbershops.