Health Benefits of Drinking Matcha Green Tea
Have you heard of matcha? It is a type of green tea that has known for many years ago. Recently, this kind of green tea has become popular among many tea drinkers. It becomes trending not just because of its health benefits to one’s body but of course because of its delicious taste that you will surely love. What is really about this green powder and bitter tea. What are the benefits of drinking this kind of tea? Here’s the thing that you need to know about matcha.
What is Matcha Tea?
It has a perfect green color, rich in grassy taste and most especially it does a lot to the body. This green tea originates in Japan, and it is widely used in ceremonial occasions and even simple gatherings. Many monasteries choose to use this kind of tea because it brings alertness and stability in mental and physical aspects. It promotes a calming effect on anyone who’s drinking this kind of green tea.
Matcha green tea is considered the best organic powder tea. It is a plant called Camellia Sinensis which is a native plant from China. The processing methods of this green tea are very delicate and unique when it comes from the plantation, harvesting time, production and its’ beneficial profile.
In producing matcha green tea, the plant is covered away from the sunlight for thirty days before entirely harvesting. Keeping the plant away from sunlight will produce more amino acids, and the chlorophyll amount will increase resulting in the dark green color of the leaves.
After harvesting the leaves, it is steamed to stop the fermentation process and that it helps to protect the beneficial nutrients that may help in your health. So, the stems are removed and disregarded. Only the leaves are dried up and stored before grinding using a stone-ground until becoming a fine powder.
Matcha green tea is entirely different compared to many green teas out there. The usual green tea we drink is we soak it in hot water for how many minutes then we drink it. But with matcha green tea, you’re drinking the whole leaves by whisking the powder in boiling water until it forms a foam. And there you go, you have the best green tea ever!
Discovering the health benefits of Matcha Green Tea
Matcha green tea has a unique way of planting, growing, harvesting and grinding until it becomes a particular kind of green tea. It is evident that the nutritional content of this tea has a significant effect on the body.
- Memory Enhancer. Matcha green tea has an L-theanine, a kind of amino acids that help to improve the concentration and memory of the brain. It has a high production of dopamine and serotonin in mind.
- Act as an antioxidant. Matcha green tea has epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG) that is helpful in eliminating the toxic inside your body that may damage the tissues.
- It gives a calming effect. The L-theanine content from matcha green tea may provide relaxation and control your stress level.
- High energy level. Matcha is known to give alertness. Thus it has a small amount of caffeine which is very useful for everyday activity. It allows you to enhance your energy and keep you going the whole day.
- Helps in aiding weight loss. Drinking matcha green tea, it helps your body to burn extra fats and increase your metabolic process. It is also good to drink matcha tea after exercising so that the rate of heating the fats will increase to 25%.
- Boost the immune system. Matcha green tea has higher contents of vitamins and other minerals that may help to anyone’s health. The mentioned nutrients may boost up the function of the immune system and will surely protect you away from any viruses and bacteria.
In general, matcha green tea is very useful in preventing severe health disease like cancer. It can also help athletes to boost up their energy and help them recover from hard workouts and exercise. The amounts of L-theanine, catechins, vitamins, and minerals which also acts as antioxidants in the body.